Duration: > 1 Day
Size: 51-100 People
Level of interaction: Medium
Purpose: Inspire Network
Connect, interact and network through a user-friendly, visually captivating, life-like experience
Virtual Fairs are events planned well in advance, replicating numerous aspects of a traditional fair. At this event, a large audience has the space, time, and possibility to gather information, connect, interact and network with exhibitors, sponsors, and other attendees. Fairs vary in type depending on the purpose and planning body (e.g., organizations, industries, or universities). The fair type delineates the features and functionalities you will require to deliver a real-life immersive experience.
Use this event to:
- Reach a global audience.
- Promote the trade of products and services.
- Promote the exchange of ideas, information, expertise, etc.
- Widen application pools.
You and other collaborators
- Exhibitors, keynote speakers, and sponsors: present during the days of the fair
- Moderators: for live sessions
- Communication staff: for content strategy, content creation, and marketing and communications, video content creation
- Project managers: work hand in hand with the project managers of the platform provider.
Questions to get started
- What type of virtual fair do you plan to organize?
- What is the goal of the event?
- What are the companies or organizations you will want to partner with?
- Who is your audience?
• What is the expected size of the audience?
- What are the expectations of the event? (yours, your partners, and the audience)
- What platforms (or platform providers) are suitable for your event and within your budget?
• What engagement and interactive features do they offer?
• What are the options for accessibility?
• How is data stored and processed?
• How is technology compatibility?
• What is included in their support?
- How long will the fair last?
- How much staff will you require for the event?
- What is the content and marketing strategy for the event?
- What additional spaces and features will you create for the event?
- How will you keep participants engaged before and during the event?
- How will you follow up with participants after the event?
- How will you measure the success of the event?
Design and coordinate the media promotion for the event, making sure it reaches the target audience.
Design short engagement activities to maintain the interest of the participants.
vFairs: Planning Timeline Checklist