Audience Response System / Polling
Audience Response Systems and Polling are methods to quickly and easily get feedback from a group of participants about how things are going in a training session or online event so that it can be adjusted on the go. During the training session, participants are invited to contribute information based on their knowledge, opinion, or choice, using a specific tool. Participants use either a tool embedded in the videoconferencing system or an external link to participate in the learning activity. The tool generates and displays real-time charts and graphs, providing interesting input for discussion.
Use this method to:
- Facilitate interaction and engagement during training sessions and presentations.
- Engage all participants and generate discussion.
- Help participants learn about each other and remind them to respect diversity.
- Understand groups of participants better in different areas of your interest.
- Assess participant’s prior knowledge.
- Carry out quick check-in and check-out activities.