Jigsaw is a cooperative learning method that allows participants to share the responsibility for each other’s learning. It encourages participants to develop their understanding of a specific aspect of a given topic and extend this understanding with others in small groups in rounds of reflection and discussion and with more pieces of information. These rounds support participants in acquiring a holistic view of the various aspects that impact the discussed issue. Participants start with a specific puzzle piece and jointly complete the puzzle.
Use this method to:
- Facilitate peer-to-peer learning and encourage participation.
- Perform critical analysis and comparative thinking.
- Examine complex systems in manageable pieces.
- Learn new theory and relate contexts.
- Duration: 30 min - 1 hour
- Difficulty Level: Complex
- Group Size: < 50
- Level of interaction: High
- Multilanguage fit: no
- Preparation Time: Long
- Purpose: Knowledge construction,Online socialization
- Type of Online Events: Workshop,Hackaton,Webinar