The Empathy Map method is an analytical tool to foster understanding, empathy, and insight into the needs and perspectives of users, customers, or stakeholders. By visually capturing observations, thoughts, and emotions, the Empathy Map helps people gain a deeper understanding of the target audience, enabling them to design better solutions, products, interventions and make informed decisions.
Use this method to:
- Develop empathy by putting your participants in the shoes of the target audience;
- Inspire design solutions that directly address the target audience’s pain points and needs;
- Promote a user-centric approach;
- Move beyond assumptions and biases when designing solutions, products or processes.
- Duration: < 30 min
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Group Size: < 20
- Level of interaction: High
- Multilanguage fit: no
- Preparation Time: Medium
- Purpose: Development,Knowledge construction
- Type of Online Events: Workshop,Hackaton,Webinar