Impromptu Networking offers a quick way to find solutions by focusing attention on the problems individuals want to solve, outcome expectations, or any other lingering issues. After a short initial question and a specific amount of time, participants in pairs work in breakout rooms to discuss the question. This process is repeated a couple of times with pairs assigned randomly. In each round, participants gain enriching information, see things from different perspectives, bringing about solutions and powerful connections. Everyone contributes to shaping the work, noticing patterns together, and discovering solutions.
Use this method to:
- Attract deeper engagement around challenges.
- Help shy participants to warm up.
- Affirm everyone’s contribution to solutions.
- Emphasize the power of loose and new connections.
- Suggest little things can make a big difference.
- Connect far-flung innovators among members of a learning network.
- Duration: 30 min - 1 hour
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Group Size: 21 - 50
- Level of interaction: Medium
- Multilanguage fit: yes
- Preparation Time: Medium
- Purpose: Access and motivation,Online socialization
- Type of Online Events: Workshop,Hackaton,Roundtable session,Webinar