Storytelling is a method that combines factual and narrative elements to share, explain, and inform. In short rounds, facilitators, experts, or participants tell relevant and powerful stories that evoke emotions and creative insights around a specific topic. Because of its nature, the method allows participants to recall authentic stories related to their personal or professional experiences and share them with others easily. The stories can be used, among others, for a group discussion reflecting on the experience of others, common themes, contradictions, and insights.
Use this method to:
- Introduce concepts and explore values.
- Build skills in communication, knowledge sharing, active listening, and reflection.
- Encourage respect for diversity of beliefs and values from individual and collective experiences.
- Convey concrete and complex experiences.
- Illustrate concepts in context.
- Translate theoretical concepts into concrete examples
- Duration: 30 min - 1 hour
- Difficulty Level: Easy
- Group Size: < 20
- Level of interaction: High
- Multilanguage fit: yes
- Preparation Time: Medium
- Purpose: Knowledge construction,Online socialization
- Type of Online Events: Workshop,Webinar